Dating a minor in illinois

If Abuser Contacts You After an Arrest When anyone is charged with a crime and the victim is a family or household member, that abuser is most likely prohibited from contacting the victim and from entering or remaining at the victim's residence for a minimum of 72 hours.So, if the abuser does contact you soon after an arrest, you should call the police because the abuser can be charged with an additional offense, violation of bail bond, which is a Class A misdemeanor.The Court makes custody decisions based on what is in the best interests of the child.If you are dating during the proceedings, you may deal with issues related to a new partner’s contact with your kids, since the children will be exposed; this is especially true if you are living together.Some states, however, treat the crime as a felony in certain instances.

dating a minor in illinois-45dating a minor in illinois-1dating a minor in illinois-48

This Act is also intended (i) to provide a means by which a homeless minor who is seeking assistance may have the authority to consent, independent of his or her parents or guardian, to receive shelter, housing, and services provided by a licensed agency that has the ability and willingness to serve the homeless minor and (ii) to do so without requiring the delay or difficulty of first holding a hearing.

Definitions of delinquency and laws affecting juveniles may vary from state to state (see Juvenile Justice for more information).

This article focuses on the crime of contributing to the delinquency of a minor, particularly the common act of providing alcohol to minors.

Any person who hits, chokes, kicks, threatens, harasses, or interferes with the personal liberty of another family or household member has broken Illinois Domestic Violence law.

Under Illinois law family or household members are defined as: Criminal Prosecutions If an arrest wasn't made and you wish to seek criminal charges against your abuser, bring all relevant information, including the police report number and this form, to your local state's attorney.

Leave a Reply